DevOps Engineer II- DRE
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
The Cloud Engineering team at Seismic is responsible for infrastructure deployed through infrastructure-as-code and gitops practices across all major clouds. The Datastore team within Cloud Engineering enables developers to write better and more resilient data applications. This team works remotely in North America. Day-to-day, our focus is on development of tooling, education, and support for new capabilities.
Who You Are:
- Experience working in a cloud environment in a role of devops engineer, infrastructure engineer, or software development engineer with infrastructure exposure.
- Enthusiastic about learning, eliminating toil from systems, and collaboration.
- Experienced managing, diagnosing, debugging, and tuning at least one relational database like Azure SQL, MS SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL.
- Familiar with Terraform, Shell/Bash, and Python (or Go, Java, Ruby–another non-Shell programming language).
- Familiar with at least one cloud platform, ideally multiple, such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, etc.
- Familiar with continuous integration/continuous deployment tooling and best practices.
- Familiarity with Linux, Kubernetes, and infrastructure fundamentals.
- Experience with technologies like Azure Blob Storage, Redis, and MongoDB is a plus.
What you'll be doing:
- Provision data storage infrastructure through Terraform.
- Develop software to manage data storage infrastructure and data applications, mostly in Python.
- Provide an escalated level of support to application teams, enabling application teams to maintain their data infrastructure using best practices.
- Call with a technical recruiter
- Two one-hour technical interviews with team members
- Call with the hiring manager
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.