Senior Software Engineer- LiveSocial
Engineering – Application
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Founded in 2010, Seismic has quickly grown to become the global leader in sales enablement. Thanks to multiple years of double-digit growth, the team has expanded from its five San Diego founders with experience in enterprise content management to over 1,000 employees across 14 different offices globally.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our LiveSocial team, you will play a vital part in building and maintaining our best-in-class user interface and experience. Collaborate with globally dispersed product managers, designers, and software engineers to rapidly build, test, and deploy code to create innovative solutions and add value to our customers' experience with Seismic.
Who you are:
- As a key player in the team’s problem–solving-process – you aren't afraid to share your opinions in a low-ego manner or roll up your sleeves and write critical path code or refactor a significant piece of code.
- Comfortable being responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code with required documentation that meets development goals.
- You’re full of fresh ideas and you love helping users.
- You are a smart and succinct communicator, that is great at problem solving.
- A team player comfortable working with multiple teams to meet their goals.
What you will be doing:
- Explore new technologies and industry trends and bring your findings to life in our products.
- Drive technical and architectural decisions across our teams
- Collaborate on projects, creating solutions relating to architecture, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Participate in and contribute towards code reviews, bug/issue triage, and documentation.
- Contribute to troubleshooting and continuous quality improvements.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of relevant full stack work experience within SAAS environment.
- Proven experience with Cordova
- Experience building responsive UI components, including cross browser and device support
- Experience with backend integration of third-party API services (RESTFul/JSON)
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB
- Familiar with unit test frameworks, preferably Mocha/Chai
- Some experience with AngularJS is a plus
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- $1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.