Director, Product Design
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
The Seismic Product Design team is a diverse group of fun, hard-working and highly collaborative people. Each designer brings a unique lens to the table to help us realize our goal of designing software that is driven by empathy and validated with data.
How you’ll make a difference
Seismic continues to expand our product design team, and we're looking for a passionate and talented Director, Product Design to help lead and build the next generation of Seismic products. You will guide and support an established team to create beautiful and inspiring user experiences that help users create, discover, and interact with sales content managed in the Seismic platform. You are an excellent communicator, self-starter, and collaborative enthusiast. While interaction design is the most important discipline for this role, and you likely won't be asked to redesign our entire product line, you will frequently be asked to apply our creative vision and aesthetic to new design patterns and use cases.
What you bring to the table
- Experience managing and scaling product design teams
- A track record of success crafting user-centered design solutions across a range of platforms and business contexts
- A tool box of product design principles and best practices
- A strong grasp of concepts and methodologies of design research with real-world examples of application to support design decisions
- Experience driving cross-discipline initiatives by building collaborative relationships with product managers and technical leads
- A passion for shaping and maintaining a healthy product design culture
What you'll be doing
- Provide thought-leadership in design for developing delightful experiences by setting the design strategy and vision for your product area
- Deliver a cohesive experience across product verticals
- Coach and advocate for your team—inspiring and elevating them to their best potential by providing regular feedback and guidance
- Contribute to shared initiatives and operational improvements that drive positive impact for the team at large
- Oversee and manage design delivery for product features and new product development
- Ensure organizational visibility into the work your team is doing and facilitate collaboration with the wider design team
- Collaborate with product managers and technical leads by helping to frame problems, validate assumptions, identifying learning goals, and scoping product design work
- Plan and facilitate workshops that teach and socialize design best practices, user research and experience strategy
- Provide timely feedback, support, and guidance for your team on process and work
- Minimize and/or remove roadblocks for individual contributors to enable them to do their best work
- Identify opportunities for individual’s professional growth and development
What we have to offer
- Flexible time off policy
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.