San Diego, CA – April 21, 2016 – Following the most successful year in the company’s history, Seismic, the leading enterprise-grade sales enablement solution, today announced the results of a first quarter that resulted in even greater growth across all major metrics.
After growing more than 120 percent in 2015, the end of Seismic’s first quarter saw a year-over-year increase of more than 300 percent in new revenue bookings and 125 percent in new customer growth, all while maintaining an exceptional gross customer retention level of 99 percent. Additionally, Seismic’s headcount is now at 175 employees, up from 91 at the end of March 2015.
“While we are proud of our first quarter for a number of reasons, none stand out more than our ability to consistently deliver measured sales effectiveness and marketing efficiency results within Seismic’s current customer base,” said Seismic CEO Doug Winter. “Our expanding footprint—both within companies currently using Seismic as well as new enterprises across an array of industries—positions us well for sustained success throughout the rest of 2016.”
The first quarter also saw the sales enablement landscape at-large grow to new heights in terms of industry recognition. Three major research firms launched landmark industry reports on sales enablement and enterprise content management, all citing Seismic’s sales enablement capabilities:
- SiriusDecisions’ Sales Asset Management SiriusView report
- Forbes CMO Practice’s Publish or Perish: A CMO Roadmap
- Forrester Research’s March 2016 Vendor Landscape: Sales Enablement Automation Solutions report
In addition to overall company growth, Seismic achieved a number of other accomplishments in the first quarter, including:
- The company established its first location in San Francisco and moved into a new, larger office in New York City in order to best serve clients in two major industries: technology and financial services.
- Seismic and customer Vanguard won Best Strategy: Mobile/Tablet/App Marketing at the 2016 Gramercy Institute Financial Marketing Strategy Awards for the successful mitigation of quarter-end content crises within Vanguard’s Institutional Investor Group.
- Seismic co-authored a report titled “Content Marketing’s Evolution: The Age of Hyper-Personalization and Automation” with research firm Demand Metric, revealing that personalized content is more effective throughout the customer journey. The research was featured in 10 publications, ranging from eMarketer to the UK’s Internet Advertising Bureau.
- The company’s new Workspace product feature, in beta throughout the first quarter and officially announced on April 5, redefined what it means to be an “end-to-end” sales enablement solution by introducing robust content collaboration capabilities for sales teams working together on important presentations.
“The competitive advantages for enterprises that implement a robust sales enablement solution became even more transparent in the first quarter, and many companies are now accelerating their adoption timelines,” said Winter. “As we look to leverage our first quarter results as a launching pad into the rest of the year, it’s humbling and exciting to be in a leadership position within this fast-growing and innovative space.”
For more information about Seismic’s first quarter achievements, visit the company’s news page here.
Seismic is the leading end-to-end sales enablement solution for enterprises that increases sales productivity and marketing effectiveness by delivering the right content at the right time on any device. By creating, customizing and analyzing sales materials with Seismic, customers dramatically increase time spent selling and improve win rates. With offices in San Diego, Boston, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, and Melbourne, Seismic is privately held by its three-time serial entrepreneur executive team and investment firms JMI Equity and Jackson Square Ventures.