This post was originally published on lessonly.com.
What do all these letters mean? These letter combinations of C, L, M, and S for software all may seem the same, but they are in fact different. So, what’s the real difference between these each of these platforms?
Let’s break it down.
A Learning Management System (LMS) helps assign, deliver, store, and track training materials for employees. Materials are formatted (remember that) elsewhere and then transferred to the LMS. An LMS is a great tool to deliver consistent training to small and large teams alike.
A Content Management System (CMS) creates a framework for how content is stored and displayed. CMSs specialize in the creation and management of learning content. A CMS doesn’t include features for interactive learning, such as quizzes, tests, and practice scenarios like an LMS.
A Learning Content Management System (LCMS) is a combination of a CMS and an LMS. Content is stored, organized, and tracked like on the LMS. The difference between the two is that content is created on LCMS, which is like the CMS. Unlike a CMS, the content that is created is designed for the sole purpose of learning. It’s simple math, really.
While there are some overlaps between software choices, it’s important to consider the ideal learning experience for your team and how much you want to manage your training content.
Introducing Lessonly by Seismic…
Lessonly by Seismic combines all of the great features we mentioned above. In fact, we say we’re more than your standard, run-of-the-mill learning software. Here’s why you should check out our modern LMS:
- Our eLearning platform puts learners first. Our simple, mobile-friendly experience lets teams train anytime, anywhere.
- We’re just as user friendly for trainers and managers. In fact, you can easily drag-and-drop to add text, images, videos, quiz questions, SCORM, and more.
- It’s also simple to store, update, manage, and preview training content.
- Measuring training has never been easier. We make it easy to visualize training engagement, satisfaction, completion rates, and quiz scores to identify gaps and make educated decisions.
- We also integrate with a number of other tools that may be part of your tech stack. Our open API makes it easy to extend training and coaching in a powerful, customized experience.
Still have questions? Ready to learn more? Get a demo, today!