Sr. Technical Product Manager – Content Foundation
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Product Managers at Seismic drive product vision and are responsible for the success of the product through all phases of the development process. Starting with the initial concept and nurturing it all the way through research & discovery, production, deployment, and maintenance; the Product Manager ensures that our new features and capabilities solve our customers’ biggest problems. Successful candidates have three main traits – product sense, leadership, and the ability to get things done.
At Seismic, content is our DNA and our platform helps customer-facing teams leverage the right content at the right time. This enables compelling conversations and interactions across the full customer lifecycle. As a Technical Product Manager on the Content Foundation team, you will help further our investment in reusable platform capabilities and services that support all content types available in the Seismic content ecosystem. This role requires a broad understanding of content as “assets” in an enterprise content management system, including: reusable front-end components, media hosting services, and technical 3rd party integrations. You will become an expert in how Seismic supports various content types, including: video, audio, images, microsites, and static assets such as PDF and Microsoft Office documents. You will be collaborating closely with engineering and design to develop, support and maintain products and services that are leveraged across multiple applications of the Seismic Platform.
What you’ll do
- Build a business case for investment by articulating initiative recommendations and trade-offs to leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
- Translate product strategy into roadmaps that are informed by input from customers, cross-functional stakeholders, market and competitive research.
- Develop specifications, negotiate & define scopes, and partner with our design & engineering teams to deliver new capabilities
- Define and analyze key metrics that inform decision making and measure success of product initiatives
- Support the go-to-market process and collaborate with Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to achieve launch readiness and drive adoption
What you bring to the team
- 5-7 years of proven software Product Management experience
- Strong technical acumen – you can have credible conversations with engineer stakeholders about technical tradeoffs, technologies, scalability, etc.
- Experience working on scaling or mature B2B / Enterprise software (and familiarity with SaaS platforms) – you understand what it takes build & maintain systems that work at scale
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Strong operational & organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to balance multiple projects while following through on plans
- Proven analytical skills and experience using data to drive decision-making and feature prioritization
- Experience working in a fast-paced enterprise technology environment
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.