Senior Software Engineer II- Design System UI Engineer — React
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
The Design System Engineering Team (DSET) at Seismic, sits within the larger Front End Architecture Team, and is the focal point and essential capability that combines the ambitions of Design and Business into the strong, flexible, beautiful, and sustainable fabric used to weave our Product user interfaces.
We are deeply integrated within Seismic’s infrastructure and recognized as a critical asset and function to achieve strategic business goals. The range of our direct and regular collaborators including, Executive leadership, Centralized Product Design (UX) leadership, Engineering and Program product owners, and DevOps.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in front end development specifically with React and Typescript
- Strong proven record with user interface, interaction and accessibility best practices
- Experienced in writing robust and effective component APIs
- Experience contributing to Open Source/ Corporate Source projects
- Judicious in choice of libraries and tooling
What you will be doing:
- Participate in the Design ideation phase, counseling on A11y, usability, feasibility, performance, and more
- Implement components and utilities to high standards, with 90%+ code coverage, rigorous code reviews, and VQA
- Assure all components meet WCAG 2.1 Level AA from inception according to W3C ARIA patterns
- Craft optimally automated build and deployment processes
- Drive updates for front-end NPM dependencies
- Introduce a range of better- and best-practices complementary to our components and overall front-end stack
- Counsel product engineers with integration questions
- Influence, inspire, and guide internal audiences, using live demos, documentation, and blogs
What you bring to the team:
- Deep UI/UX Engineering experience
- Understanding of A11Y and best practices related to it
- Ability to visualize the end-user experience prior to building it
- Passion for doing things “the right way, first”
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to synthesize expertise and end-users needs into pragmatic solutions towards shared goals
- Enjoy presenting interactive demos to large internal groups and composing documentation to help others understand and use what we have built
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.