Software Engineering Manager
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Who you are:
You strive to influence those you serve to achieve their personal goals as well as their work goals via clarity, trust, accountability (both being accountable to them as well as holding them accountable to our agreements), empowerment, and being an example of the Seismic definition of an ideal team player. This plays a major role in the continued success and growth of those we serve.
All of the following examples of success/traits we look for aren’t requirements. They are indications of the type of managers/management-styles we value here at Seismic.
- You have strong opinions, weakly held
- You have an inborn sense of wonder and curiosity that makes you delightful to be around. You don’t judge; you make observations and explore the possibilities. You ask questions and are open to new solutions.
- You have a calming influence in tough situations
- With an innate ability to understand what co-workers or clients are going through, you can get through difficult times drama free.
- You aren’t afraid of change… matter of fact, you embrace adapting
- You don’t invest valuable time trying to prove you are right when you realize you’re wrong.
- Instead of looking for excuses, you offer a simple, honest apology that lets you quickly get back on track. It sounds something like this: “I’m sorry I messed up and chose some bad words that sounded like I was attacking you. This is not what I intended. Can I try again?”
- You have an aptitude for continuous improvement (self-motivated)
- You balance appreciating what you have and continually striving to be better
- You have a passion for achieving your goals and are driven not by rewards such as money and prestige, but by accomplishing what you set out to do.
- You get energy from helping others win
- Helping those you serve, and seeing them thrive is something that gives you energy and joy.
- Helping those you serve with their goals, and holding them accountable to their commitments is something you don’t shy away from.
- You have difficult conversations
- When done well, difficult conversations foster psychological safety and give our team a significant competitive advantage. In life and work, there are many valuable conversations that are easier left unsaid. These are the difficult conversations we need to be having—they help us address the tension and conflict that might otherwise keep us from doing better work.
What you'll be doing:
- Engineering Enablement
- You won't be solely responsible for engineers having the best tools and processes (balancing autonomy and focusing on feedback loops) to do their best work, but you will be heavily relied upon to ensure this is continuously improving.
- Success looks like:
- You'll search for the “multiplicative effect”: impact multiplied by the number of people.
- You'll be proactive by identifying and coordinating how we meet common needs across the engineering team such as standards and conventions, documentation, etc.
- You'll be reactive by helping coordinate solutions to problems you hear about from the team, such as environment setup, or waiting on reviews taking too long.
- Delivery Management
- Keep the team accountable on roadmap commitments.
- Bring up any timeline risks early and collaborates to find a way to mitigate them.
- Work with all members of the team to determine roadmap commitments.
- Set an example for the team in transparency and asking clarifying questions.
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.