Senior Frontend Software Engineer I
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
The content readiness squad is building out interactivity and interoperability features to give learners the best in class experience. With autonomy and ownership, you will leverage cloud-native architectures and lead-edge technologies to maintain and build new features critical to the user experience.
Candidates for this senior role will typically have at least 4+ years experience and will be most successful if they have a desire to grow in our entire stack but specialize immediately in the frontend.
What you will do:
- Frontend Engineer
- As a front-end engineer, you’ll work alongside back-end engineers, designers, testers, and product managers to figure out how best to meet our customers’ needs in a lean, accessible, internationalized, and extensible way.
- Our frontend codebase depends primarily on React, Webpack, and SCSS-preprocessed CSS, with a sprinkle of legacy jQuery and Backbone that we’re working on replacing.
- Code Reviewer
- A strong peer review culture is incredibly important to us. Everyone strives to improve every day, and the code review process is vital to this goal.
- Frontend Architecture
- Engineers across the stack are responsible for not just following but contributing to our various Style Guides. This individual will collaborate with all frontend engineers on changes with architectural scope (e.g. new patterns, conventions, and dependencies) and help continue building an extensive component and pattern library along with the templates, documentation and reference applications to get started.
- Additionally, this individual will help maintain the design system and push the project forward alongside other developers, designers, and product managers in an agile environment.
What you will bring to the team:
- Essential Abilities
- Client-side tech (JS—React in particular—CSS, and HTML)
- You have experience writing and maintaining code with a team at scale.
- Working Cross-Functionally
- You have experience working closely with back-end engineers, designers, testers, and product managers. People skills, along with a desire to both learn and teach, are essential.
- Producing value, not work
- You frequently ask clarifying questions about the intended impact of the work, weighing options, and devising creative solutions to complex problems.
- Showing progress through iteration
- You take a big problem and decompose it into shippable chunks that can ensure all parties are aligned on the outcome.
- Business and technical translation
- You are able to translate the non-technical business needs into a clear technical action plan and vice versa, seamlessly.
- Promises delivered
- You are known for the ability to make an estimate, establish a deadline collaboratively, and hit that mark.
- You have a passion for building interfaces that serve the broadest range of users, and a fluency with standards like Section 508 of the American with Disabilities Act and the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Nice-to-have Abilities
- Server-side tech (especially Ruby, Rails, Postgres, Docker)
- You have experience building server-side tools, applications, APIs, or similar.
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.