Software Engineer (Data Platform)
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
At Seismic, we build continuously. Our new projects are all aimed at making our platform smarter and deeper. As part of a team focused on the data platform, and strategic data integrations, you’ll be at the forefront of those projects building new microservices for key initiatives. The Data Platform team builds and runs a soft-real time data pipeline using Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, a variety of custom services written in C# and Scala – all deployed onto Kubernetes with the latest automated CICD technologies (like Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Ansible and Terraform) – to deliver a business-centric data model used by our 2000+ customers.
Who You Are:
- 1+ years of software engineering experience (preferably back-end) in enterprise level SaaS organizations, with a passion for building and innovating at a fast pace
- Are curious and a quick learner
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle of an architecturally complex distributed system
- Experience with agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes.
- Highly focused on operational excellence and quality – you strive to write clean and well tested code.
- You enjoy solving challenging problems, all while having a blast with equally passionate team members.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating with experienced software engineers, data scientists and product managers to rapidly build, test, and deploy code to create innovative solutions and add value to our customers' experience.
- Building large scale platform infrastructure and REST APIs serving machine learning driven content recommendations to Seismic products.
- Leveraging the power of context in third-party applications such as CRMs to drive machine learning algorithms and models.
- Processing large amounts of internal and external system data for analytics, caching, modeling and more.
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and implementing solutions for them.
- Participating in code reviews, system design reviews, agile ceremonies, bug triage and on-call rotations.
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.