Senior Product Marketing Manager
Austin; Boston; Chicago; Indianapolis; New York; San Diego; Remote United States
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Intro to role:
As part of our product marketing organization you will lead the team responsible for messaging and GTM for our engagement and content automation solutions as part of Seismic’s Enablement Cloud platform. You will partner with the product organization to craft messaging and GTM plans to bring new products and enhancements through our go-to-market launch process. You will be an expert in every facet of the customer journey and buyer experience.
What you will be doing:
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing you will lead the positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies for Seismic’s sales content management offerings. These include several SKUs and capabilities that allow sellers to find and discover content easily and sales enablement teams to manage and govern the content lifecycle efficiently. You will use your knowledge of the product area and key buyer persona(s) to help define, prioritize, launch, and grow capabilities, and to tell the Seismic story in a way that clearly articulates differentiation & value. Specific activities include:
- Partner with PM to establish the go-to-market vision and strategy for the product area, including identifying and defining market opportunities for the product area and helping build business cases for expanding market presence or entering new markets.
- Lead and develop product positioning and messaging by understanding our brand, customer needs when it comes to social selling and buyer engagement which includes influencing the product roadmap, market trends, and the competitive landscape.
- Research and create audience-centric messaging, positioning and value propositions for product areas that highlight unique strengths and clearly differentiates from competitors.
- Ensure content and campaign strategies are centered around buyer needs. Provide source documents to downstream teams.
- Oversee major product launches within product areas including creating market requirements, launch plan, collateral; and partnering cross-functionally to drive execution of marketing, enablement, and adoption/growth.
- Serve as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product area and interface with sales enablement, industry analysts, customers, and prospects.
- Partner closely with sales enablement and content teams to develop sales materials, including pitch decks, datasheets, ROI calculators, battlecard, etc.
- Support efforts on pricing and packaging optimization strategies for the business.
- Establish strategies to drive retention, upsell and cross-sell for the product area.
- Conduct comprehensive user research and definition of buyer personas to properly package our products and inform internal stakeholders.
What you bring to the team:
- 4-6 years’ experience in product marketing, product management or similar discipline at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience working with sales enablement, martech and content management systems (CMS) a plus, but not required
- Ability to adapt and work at a fast-paced growth startup
- Proven ability to work with product and go-to-market teams to bring new products to market and meet or over-achieve goals
- Exceptional written and verbal storytelling ability, including synthesizing insights and ideas into simple, succinct narratives
- Strong ability to understand complex considerations and then frame in a simple manner to drive collective understanding, alignment, and decision-making
- Experience using customer, competitive and market intelligence to inform product roadmap and GTM strategy
- MBA, EMBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
What we have for you: (US)
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.