Senior Director, FP&A
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading and coordinating the overall FP&A activities, including both corporate and line of business support
- Manage and run our strategic financial planning processes, the annual operating plan, rolling financial forecasts, and the underlying financial planning models, systems and tools
- Support our month and quarter close activities, including financial reporting, budget vs. actuals analysis, SaaS KPIs, board reporting, etc.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and drive continual process improvements to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of planning & analysis activities
- Collaborate with leaders across the company and the board to recap budget vs. actuals, and provide department specific insights/reporting
- Own the headcount plan and ensure continuous alignment with PeopleOps
- Working with the senior executives to understand the business and develop financial models, budgets, and forecasts to support the strategic initiatives of the company
- Effectively lead the finance team by hiring, retaining, developing, and mentoring the best talent.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's in finance, accounting, or other relevant business field
- 10+ years of experience in FP&A, preferably in a rapidly growing SaaS organization
- Modeling skills for SaaS P&L/Bal Sheet/Cash Flow
- Excellent proficiency with accounting and corporate finance including topics such as billing, revenue recognition, prepaids, accruals, and cash flows
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and build complex models (in excel and other planning applications)
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Relationship building with executive leadership
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint user; comfortable with analyzing large datasets; experience in NetSuite, Salesforce, and Vena or similar system
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.