Senior Strategic Consultant
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Our Expert Advisory team is focused on building and delivering Strategic solutions for our customers. For most of our customers, this is the first initiative of its kind in terms of organization wide transformation and impact. The work starts even before they become customers. During the sales cycle, we partner with prospective customers to understand and map their sales transformation priorities and objectives to a detailed implementation and ongoing adoption plan. During and post implementation, we partner with our customers to deliver on that plan, with a focus on time-to-value. And ultimately, we support long-term customer success through ongoing advisory services, support, education and adoption programs, all designed to drive value for the customer and our end users.
Who you are:
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and takes pride in all that you do
- Strategic, “outside the box” thinking and the ability to ramp up on unfamiliar topics quickly and effectively
- Comfortable in dynamic environments with changing priorities
- Thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced work environment
- Skilled at managing multiple responsibilities while striving to exceed expectations
- Displays a sense of humor and humility during those challenging times
- Ability to lead through ambiguity, define and deconstruct problems, connect the dots, and anticipate project needs beyond the immediate next steps
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Strategic Consultant, you will work closely with Seismic customers and provide strategic advice, subject matter expertise, and innovative solutions. In your role, you will contribute towards defining new Expert Advisory services solutions that will help solve a customer problem.
As a Senior Strategy Consultant, you can expect to:
- Identify, gather and analyze appropriate data and drive the insights that inform strategic recommendation
- Work with different CS teams and the field to understand the customer need and help define new expert Advisory services solutions that will help solve a problem.
- 60% of your time will spent in delivering strategic solutions and provided strategic advisory services to key business stakeholders on change management
- You may also be periodically responsible for working with the sales team to sell the value of Strategic Consulting services.
- This role reports to the Director of Strategic Consulting. and is is an individual contributor role
- Partner with customers to execute change management tactics, like communication planning, change readiness surveys, and change analysis
- Identify adoption issues and define resolution paths
What you bring to the team:
- 4-5 years of experience in Strategic consulting, providing advisory services at a management consulting organization or SaaS organization
- 1-2 years of consulting experience in sales enablement industry or Financial Services industry
- 1-2 years of Change management and business transformation experience is required
- Skilled at developing an approach and assessing our current business’ real time competitive advantage leveraging the internal and external data and business intelligence to formulate the desired outcome.
- Demonstrated experience working with Experience working with complex, multi-divisional, multi-geographical F500 organizations,
- Experience aggregating and analyzing data to tell a story, utilizing business intelligence to perform custom data analysis and visualization
- Superb problem-solving skills – proactively crafting and selling customer vision on how to make Seismic a core part of their Sales Enablement tech stack
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to modify style, approach, and content to the audience (IT through C-Suite)
- Demonstrated track record of driving departmental initiatives for improvement.
- Any experience building sales maturity model or selling services is a huge plus
- Bachelor's degree required.
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.