Remote United States
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly innovative Enablement team at the leading marketing and Enablement platform. The Enablement team at Seismic plays a pivotal role in influencing both the way our industry thinks about Enablement and the way our platform meets the needs of Enablement practitioners. We pride ourselves on having credibility in taking our products to market, and this involves ensuring our own professionals have the knowledge they need to create an unparalleled buyer experience as trusted advisors. Our product portfolio of Seismic, Lessonly, and LiveSocial all play an integral role in achieving this.
At Seismic, we define Enablement as the customer-centric go-to-market engine that delivers an unmatched experience throughout the customer lifecycle by creating an Enablement eco-system providing consistent access to (process) knowledge, competencies, skills, and content. We believe this is a role that must exist in partnership with other Enablement functions, as well as external stakeholders like Product Marketing and Global Operations, to ensure continued success of our selling teams.
We are looking for a Director, Enablement to report directly to our Senior Director, Enablement to ensure that Seismic’s internal pre-sales teams are confident in their ability to go to market and deliver against their stated goals.
What you will be doing:
This is role uniquely positioned to be directly responsible for the enablement efforts related to our Global Strategic Accounts team, while managing a team who is looking after our Commercial and Enterprise sellers.
- Serve a team who is focused on a programmatic approach to enablement supporting three segments of the business (Commercial, Enterprise, and Global Strategic Accounts)
- Be the dedicated Enablement resource to our Global Strategic Accounts team.
- Partner with GTM leadership across the pre-sales sphere (Sales Development Representative, Account Executive, Sales Engineering, Value Engineering, Marketing and other roles as developed) to develop strategies and objectives that lead to the success of each individual and the team as a whole
- Collaborate with your Post-Sales counterpart to ensure that there is maximum clarity on the other’s objectives, resulting in a positive customer experience
- Use given metrics to identify trends, anticipate development needs, and proactively execute programs that accelerate growth
- Coach your team, who is currently focused on specific areas of the business, to drive momentum and influence revenue goals.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create resources including playbooks, templates, kill-sheets, sales training programs and other assets, as required
- Develop training programs that reinforce processes and methodology, drive adoption and promote best practices
- Monitor skill development for pre-sales GTM teams on a bi-quarterly basis
- Manage individual development plans for your direct reports on the enablement team
- Work closely with leadership and Sales Operations to monitor productivity, establish metrics, and execute objectives related to team success
- Partner with the Senior Director, Enablement to scale strategic enablement programs
Who you are:
We are seeking a person who is a go-getter, who thinks strategically and at the same time can get tactical. This is a person that can be a true partner to our selling organization and has a proven track record in supporting a fast-growing team.
They need to be comfortable working in teams, engaging with all levels of an organization, and finding creative solutions when there is limited time and resources. Successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in training and enablement with a preference toward SaaS experience, especially in the “scale-up” phase. Minimum 3 years of experience with maintaining and coaching teams. Given that you will be serving our Global Strategic Accounts team, a successful tenure as an Enterprise SaaS seller is preferred and prioritized.
Other qualities in our preferred candidate:
- Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop scalable and structured plans, actions and measures and then execute those plans
- Experience in implementing and integrating a sales methodology (Value Selling preferred)
- Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing with attention to detail required
- Proven program management and project management skills
- Demonstrates ability to coach and lead peers to up-level performance of the team.
- Enjoys working in a high-growth, dynamic company environment, using the broader team within the organization to convey value to customers
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the changing market, our customers and our business.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and work in complex situations with a smile.
- Can learn on the fly, naturally self-driven, results-oriented and able to work as part of a team.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in Enablement
- 3+ years of successful Enterprise selling (preferably in the SaaS space)
- 3+ years of management
- Experience working with pre-sales and post-sales teams
- Proficient at leveraging technology to create efficient processes
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt
What we have for you:
- Take time to rest and recharge w/ paid time off, paid company holidays, and end of year company shutdown
- Medical, dental, vision and 2x life insurance
- Health Savings Accounts with $1,000 Single/$2,000 Family employer contribution and employer-paid disability plans
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leaves
- Mental health + Employee Assistance programs w/ free counseling sessions
- Access to free paid telemedicine
- 401k w/ employer match
- Equity program and performance-based bonuses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Bring Your Own Device technology stipend
- Seismic Cares Program w/ charitable donation matching
- $1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
- Nine Communities of Belonging (aka employee resource/affinity groups)
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.