- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. · Users can withdraw their consent to this collection at any time by logging out of their Seismic LiveSocial account and thereby disconnecting their Social Networks from the Seismic LiveSocial service. · We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- We collect information when you use the Seismic LiveSocial Inc. website, Seismic LiveSocial Inc. applications, and Seismic LiveSocial Inc. platform technology. For example, we collect information when you view or share articles or request referrals. This information may be used to enhance the service for all users and shared with third-party services. We will not disclose any personally identifiable without your consent except for those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Seismic LiveSocial’s behalf or to provide services available at Seismic LiveSocial’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
- Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Seismic LiveSocial’s service, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Seismic LiveSocial Inc. will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Data privacy is maintained regardless of the location of any given server and is kept to the same standards as would fulfill the requirements of the European Union GDPR.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We use a Cookieless/Anonymous Google Analytics Tracking solution. We prevent Google Analytics from storing a user-specific clientID in a cookie, and instead use a script within our tag management system to generate a new and random clientID on every session. This new clientID is not associated with the user in any other way, effectively rendering them completely anonymous (as they have requested), while still allowing us to see a user’s interactions on the site anonymously. More information the regarding Google Consent Mode as described by OneTrust can be found here: https://www.onetrust.com/blog/onetrust-supports-googles-newest-solutionconsent-mode/
- We communicate with you primarily through email. Examples of these messages include: (1) welcome and engagement messages – when you register on Seismic LiveSocial, we may send you a series of emails to inform you about how to best use the service as well as new features; (2) service messages – these will cover service availability, security, and other issues about the functioning of the service; (3) communication messages – these include regularly occurring notifications of events in the service, and may contain promotional information directly or on behalf of our partners. You may change your email and contact preferences at any time by signing into your account and changing your settings. You can also opt out of promotional messages by sending a request to Help. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from Seismic LiveSocial Inc. but you may request your account be deleted.
- It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information, or information about your activities as a Service user when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process, or if Seismic LiveSocial Inc. has a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce the Terms of Service to, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, or protect the security or integrity of our Service; or (3) exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of Seismic LiveSocial, our Users, personnel, or others.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.