Commercial Account Manager
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
In this role, you will be joining the Commercial (SMB) Account Management team within the Seismic sales organization and managing existing customers in the post-sales customer journey.
This is a high impact and high visibility role, where you will represent the company as you work with customers to ensure they fully realize the value of the Seismic solution. You will play a key role in retaining and growing customer and partner relationships, while driving the value of Seismic within the customer’s organization.
The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious revenue growth and customer success objectives in selling to our existing customer base. You will work exclusively with select Seismic customers, with the objective to increase their add-on business and cross-sell additional applications by building deeper strategic relationships. You will manage the customer relationships following initial sale through renewal, helping your customers to reach the ROI of their Seismic purchase.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with a proven track record of selling cloud-based solutions and retaining customers. The ideal candidate will have excelled in a fast-paced start-up environment and have a strong understanding of SaaS/Cloud applications.
What you’ll do:
- Work as a trusted advisor to your customers and ensure they fully realize the value that the Seismic platform provides to their business.
- Understand and document your customers’ business objectives and work with the customer to hold all parties accountable for progress toward those objectives.
- Work closely with the Services team to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Meet regularly with your customers to provide value at every touch point throughout the life of the customer.
- Manage the customer renewal process and work toward expanding the footprint of Seismic at your customer organizations.
- Create and drive revenue across assigned accounts.
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Quickly learn new software product(s) and clearly communicate the value proposition.
- Maintain account and opportunity forecasting within our internal SFA system.
What you bring to the team:
- 1+ years of Account Management or Customer Success experience.
- A proven customer-facing professional with experience servicing Commercial accounts
- Able to drive the execution of renewal and expansion discussions and agreements.
- Able to quickly map complex business requirements to product use cases.
- A desire to improve your organization and those around you.
- Strong professional presence and able to negotiate effectively.
- Be able to work independently & as part of a team in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to demonstrate a sense of urgency and manage your customer pipeline effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to save and renew at risk customers.
- Salesforce experience is strongly preferred.
What we have for you: (US)
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.