Product Marketing Manager
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Our sales and marketing teams help companies understand how Seismic can power collaboration internally through the use of content. We’re thoughtful and committed to telling the Seismic story, with the goal to ultimately help brands focus on enabling their go to market teams. In your role, you’ll be influential in spreading the word about our cutting-edge technology and expanding our footprint.
As part of the product marketing team, you will partner with the product organization to craft messaging and GTM plans to bring new products and enhancements through our go-to-market launch process. You will become an expert in every facet of the customer journey, the platform, and the narrative to contextualize new releases into go-to-market plays.
What you will be doing:
As a product marketing manager, you will help develop messaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategies for key areas of Seismic’s Sales Enablement Platform. You will use your knowledge of the product area and key buyer persona(s) to help define, prioritize, launch, and grow capabilities, and to tell the Seismic story in a way that clearly articulates differentiation & value. Specific activities include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the buying audience through research focusing on buyer needs and the purchasing decision process.
- Create audience-centric messaging, positioning, and value propositions for various product areas, highlighting unique strengths and clearly differentiates from competitors.
- Create engaging, audience-centric content and source materials.
- Contribute to product launches within product area from ideation and planning to launch to post-launch growth.
- Develop competitive positioning for the product area by using competitive analysis and input from stakeholders.
- Collaborate with sales enablement to produce and execute sales enablement plans for the product area.
- Partner cross-functionally to drive retention, upsell and cross-sell for the product area.
What you will bring to the team:
- Proven ability to work with product and go-to-market teams to bring new products and services to market.
- Strong ability to understand complex considerations and then frame in a simple manner to drive collective understanding, alignment, and decision-making.
- Exceptional ability to synthesize insights and ideas into simple, succinct narratives.
- Experience using customer, competitive and market intelligence to inform product roadmap and GTM strategy.
- Ability to engage audiences through incredible storytelling.
- Collaborative, creative, impactful, and resourceful.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in product marketing at a SaaS company, preferably in the sales or martech space.
- MBA/EMBA preferred, but not required.
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.