Product Marketing Manager – Competitive Intelligence
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Our sales and marketing teams help companies understand how Seismic can power collaboration internally through the use of content. We’re thoughtful and committed to telling the Seismic story, with the goal to ultimately help brands focus on enabling their go to market teams. In your role, you’ll be influential in key company, product and positioning changes.
As part of the product marketing team, you will focus on competitor research to provide key insights on the competitive landscape and market trends. This role entails deep collaboration with key internal stakeholders, working cross-functionally with product marketing, product, sales, marketing, sales engineering, sales enablement, customer success and executive leadership to highlight what separates
Seismic from the competition. You will be the subject matter expert on the competitive landscape, resulting in materials to support GTM teams in customer conversations.
What you will be doing:
As the Product Marketing Manager – Competitive Intelligence, you will combine your passion for research and analysis with an ability to synthesize your research into compelling takeaways. You will lead efforts in building competitive assets with a focus on what sets Seismic apart.
Specific activities include:
- Own competitive analysis and research, transforming raw information into meaningful intelligence and actionable recommendations to support sales conversations.
- Manage competitive product and market analysis efforts and deliver a regular cadence of reports to Product, Marketing, Sales and Executive teams.
- Communicate key research findings to internal stakeholders, through presentations, key CI assets such as battlecards, objection handling guides, competitive positioning guides and sales play books.
- Enable the sales team on internal competitive materials and prospect/customer facing materials.
- Track and analyze competitive announcements and new product releases.
- Collaborate with PM and PMM leadership to identify and define key differentiators and contribute to new product introductions for expanding market presence or entering new markets.
- Create audience-centric messaging, positioning and value propositions that highlights unique strengths and clearly differentiates from competitors.
- Monitor and report on the competitive landscape, results of related wins and losses, and identify opportunities to improve.
What you will bring to the team:
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects
- Experience with competitive analysis and market research techniques to manage end-to-end research needed to build competitive assets
- Exceptional ability to synthesize insights and ideas into simple, succinct narratives that are actionable in the field during sales cycles
- Analytical thinking and strong curiosity with an ability to creatively solve problems
- Experience using customer, competitive and market intelligence to inform product roadmap and GTM strategy
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex issues in a clear, concise, user-friendly format
- 3-5+ years of experience in Product Marketing at a SaaS company, preferably in the sales or Martech space
- MBA, EMBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.