Senior Analytics Engineer
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
We’re searching for an experienced data analyst to join our Data & Analytics Engineering team. As a leader on our team, you’ll own and evolve our customer-facing data model. Seismic is adopting a Data Mesh architecture and the candidate will play a key role in that project by advising the entire product organization on modeling best practices. The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including sql, building dashboards in BI tools, and data modeling.
What you will be doing:
- Own, as part of the Analytics Engineering team, the customer-facing Public Reporting Model
- Provide advice and governance to our product organization as they start building their own models in our Data Mesh architecture
- Maintain and support business intelligence tools integrated into the Seismic product
- Work closely with product managers to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics
- 5+ years' experience working with data as an analyst or comparable role
- Proven analytic skills and modeling skills
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Excellent SQL skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Proven experience with technical leadership and/ or mentoring in a data engineering environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with BI Tool, Sisense a plus
- Experience with cloud-scale data warehouses, Snowflake a plus
- Experience with dbt
- Familiar with the Seismic Platform a plus
- Prior experience or familiarity with ETL concepts
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.